Blog Header Links

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Coconut in your beauty routine


When you thinking of summer, you may also think of coconut.  Did you know that coconut is so multi- purpose?  It contains coconut oil which helps to moisturize skin and hair, coconut water to hydrate and refer and the shell which is great for exfoliation.

Nothing says summer like coconut; the warm, tropical scent, the refreshing thought of cutting a coconut open and sipping out of it with a straw, the balmy feel it has on your skin, and the lustrous glow it gives your tan.

There are quite a number of products out there that contain coconut, but here are some of my favorites.

Bert's Bees Lip Balm - While the first ingredient is beeswax the second is coconut oil and that is part of what makes this lip balm so moisturizing (and my favorite lip balm).


OGX Nourishing Coconut Oil Weightless Hydrating Oil Mist - I have dry, frizzy hair so I need something to help to hydrate my hair, but not leave it limp.  I like that this oil contains coconut oil, but not too much of it as to weigh down my bar.  There is also bamboo extra it in that helps to add in some shine.

Never Ever Grow Up Face Creme - Coconut water is the second ingredient in the face moisturizer that also includes vitamin c (which is my latest favorite ingredient).  This moisturizer helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

1 comment: