Blog Header Links

Sunday, June 4, 2017

5 hair products that should be in your cabinet

If you are like me you are always trying to get your hair to look it's best.  These are the five hair products that you need in order to get your hair looking it's best.


Dry Shampoo
I've started shampooing my hair about twice a week.  Not only is it saving me so much time I really feel that it's better for my hair.  Even so, by day 3 I need a little something to absorb some oils at my roots.  Dry shampoo is your friend (it is even great to add texture to your hair).  I have tried two types of dry shampoo: spray and powder.  Essentially they are the same as the spray is just power in an aerosol.  Try them both and see which you like.  I keep both types in my cabinet.










Hair Spray
I use hair spray a lot as a way to add some texture to my hair.  I know I could buy a texturizing spray, but hair spray works just as well, it's cheaper and already in my cabinet.  Of course I use hair spray for it's traditional purpose of adding some hold.  It's also a good way to get rid of static.  Just spray some on your brush before your brush your hair and your static is gone!






Hair Oil
My hair often gets dry, especially at the tips.  This causes flyaways on a good day and crazy frizzy hair on a bad day.  A little hair oil helps (but you have to be careful not too put too much or your hair will look greasy).





Heat Protectant
While I try not to put too much heat on my hair I can't totally avoid it.  With my hair already leaning towards the dryer side (especially during the winter) a heat protectant can help out.  It will protect my hair from getting too dry from my blow dryer and straightening iron. 





Hair Mask
With everything that we do to our hair it sometimes needs a little TLC.  A hair mask is something that helps to restore hair back to normal.  Find the type that for the damage that you hair has.  I typically go for repairing or moisturizing.












1 comment: