Blog Header Links

Monday, May 1, 2017

My April Ipsy Glam Bag - what I got and discount codes (of course!)

My April Ipsy Glam Bag came in and of course I had t share what I got.  Spoiler alert: I don't know if this is my favorite bag, but they all can't be winners can they?

The first thing I pulled out of my bag was the OFRA Cosmetics Rendezvous Blush.  It's a long wearing powder blush that can be used wet or dry.  This specific color is a little darker than my normal blushes, so I OFRA website you can get 30% off your total purchase with the code Ipsy30.
think it might work as an eyeshadow or bronzer.  It came full size which is 4g and it retails for $15.  IF you head over to the


Next in the bag (or actually out of the bag because it was a little big to fit in the bag) was the Luseta BeautyVolume Reviving Dry Shampoo in Potpourri.  It has a nice floral scent that isn't too strong.  Corn starch is the main ingredient and while it absorbs oil it leaves your hair semi-matte and gives it some texture.  What's even better, it doesn't leave any white residue which is great for my dark hair!  You can get this and any other items from Luseta Beauty for 15% off with the code IPSY152017.  The full size is $16 for 8.5oz which gives this sample a value of $3.18.


I was interested to try the Ciaté London Mini Bamboo Bronzer in Star Island or Palm Island that came in the bag.  I have heard much about the brand and wanted to see what it was like for myself.  I like that it also has oil-controlling ingredients in it as well as amaranth and sunflower extract to help soothe and smooth skin while absorbing oil.  The code IPSTER will get you 30% off any Ciaté products.  The sample value is $6.15 which comes from the full 10g size being sold for $28.


To be honest, I was a little disappointed to see the Jesse's Girl Black Liquid Eyeliner in the bag.  I don't have much luck with liquid liner, a quick try with this one gave me the impression I might be able to have some success with it.  It also dries very quickly and lasts a long time.  The full size is 5mL and is only $6.99.  The same came in with a value of $1.40.  Plus if you use code IPSY2017APR you will get 20% off the whole site!

I was pleased to see the Eau Thermale Avène Rich Compensating Cream in the bag as I can always use a moisturizer.  This one has some really good ingredients in it (antioxidants, ceramides, plant sterols and fatty acids) to help lock in moisture and protect from free radicals.  You can get 20% this and the rest of the Eau Thermale Avène line at B-Glowing with the code Ipsy20.  This is an expensive cream running $45 for 50ml.  The same is valued at $4.50.

I can't say it was a terrible bag as I did get over $30 in products for only $10, but it still wasn't my favorite bag both in the actual bag and the contents.  Still, I encourage you to check out Ipsy as I really enjoy most bags each month.




No comments:

Post a Comment